The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galants with 1g springs, any pics?

I was wondering if anyone could post up some pics of their galant with 1g DSM stock springs on it. I would like to see what kinda stance it gives the car. Thanks Ben

04DrBlur

These are with the 18's. All my pics with the factory wheels are gone since my windows crashed. So with factory wheels it will be slightly lower. These are stock 1g AWD springs.

wow, that looks damn nice...i was thinkin about puttin some of those tein s-techs for 1gs on the gvr4 but that actually looks pretty damn nice with the stock 1g's

here is mine. Mine is a fwd so it has fwd dsm springs.

Last edited by a moderator:

quasimondo

Personally, I don't think stock DSM springs are all that good. If you're looking just for a lower ride height and nothing else, that's fine, but I never felt comfortable with stock dsm springs on my stock dsm. I was bold enough to take my old Talon up to 130 on the NJ Turnpike, and as soon as I hit the expansion joints on the road, the car was just wallowy and bouncing all over the place and it didn't feel too good at all. That's just something to consider, especially since those DSM springs will be going on a car that'll be nearly 200 lbs heavier.

dsm springs in my opinion and i think in the opinion of most people is the best swap for a daily driver where you are not concerned with extreme handling. Its good for normal driving with the advantage that it will lower the car and still be towards the comfortable side.

IncorpoRatedX

first off let me say that not only should you run the 1g springs if you decide to, but you should run the KYB AGX front struts for a DSM (slightly shorter body) and 2G AWD DSM rear strut mounts (brings the back end up some)

As for the comment that the dsm's make the car 'floaty' My guess is you were on shitty struts. I run DSM springs on my KYB's and i've taken the car to 150mph and it's fealt just as solid as it should. I've also autoX'd with the car and was impressed.

vr4_springs_compare.jpg

comparison of stock vs dsm springs

my car with DSM springs and 2g rear mounts.

100_1506.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, I like the pics forced. Your car looks just like mine except I have tinted windows. I wanted to lower the car, but right now with a T-belt job, and Clutch job, I'm a little tight on money. I should be able to get some stock 1g springs for cheap. Would it be okay to just slap on some springs with the stock struts and shocks for a little while untill I could get new shocks and struts?

speedyvr4

yeah,as long as your shocks aren't blown it should be fine. I started to lwer my 1g and when i took off the shock off the spring, the shock piston went sssiijuttttt.Righ in it self. so i put it back together and said f*** it. I got agxs/sprint springs sittin pretty for my 1g in the living room.Then the gvr4 will get gr2's and 1gsm springs. you can get all 4 gr-2's on ebay for like 180 bucks.

IncorpoRatedX

Quote:
Wow, I like the pics forced. Your car looks just like mine except I have tinted windows. I wanted to lower the car, but right now with a T-belt job, and Clutch job, I'm a little tight on money. I should be able to get some stock 1g springs for cheap. Would it be okay to just slap on some springs with the stock struts and shocks for a little while untill I could get new shocks and struts?

thanks man. DSM spring on the galant wont ride that great on stock tired struts, it'll work fine, but it might be sorta bouncy like a honduh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

V8EATER

I've got GR-2's on my car with 1g springs, 1 coil cut in the front. very nice ride, but not the best handling car I've ever driven. I do drive my car every day, so it's great for me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts