The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Quickest way to put an engine in

Do you put it in with the trans or do you put the motor then the trans. I pulled it with both but taking it out seems easier then putting it back and i don't like the lines near the trans mount.

464/2K

put it back in with both. just have to angle the trans in. after that its all down hill, just have to watch for the harmonic balancer

CO VR4

It's quicker to put the engine in by itself.

But then you have to put in the transmission... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif That takes longer.

Seriously, it's much easier to put them together on the floor and then put them both in at once.

Last edited:

I would think that putting it in together is faster, but I put them in seperatly and it went pretty quickly as well, I find that using the engine crane to lift the trans to the block once the engine is in is SUPER easy and takes like literally 5 min. to get it lifted in place and bolted to the block. So as my expierence goes it proabalby wouldnt matter, but if you can do it put them in together.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
+1. I hate putting a trans in, so I put them in together.

maybe i'll try that next time. I was able to get it in pretty easy with the help of 2 friends.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts