The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

where to buy steering wheel hub adapter for a nardi wheel?

just like the title says.

I'm looking to buy a quick release hub adapter for a nardi wheel. it's a 73 mm 6 bolt pattern (2 7/8"). Are these universal or do I need to find one that fits a '91 Galant?

ebay has been no luck to me so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

thanks,
Ron

RayH

Are you sure it's not a 70mm pattern like Momo and OMP? If it's 70mm you might want to check out the Tekniq Auto Snap-Off quick release and hub. Works great but puts my OMP wheel about an inch or so closer closer to me than stock.

yeah pretty sure that it's a 73 mm setup.

this is the wheel I picked up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7995382910

the seller pointed me to a universal hub that he carries, it's a 73 mm nardi hub.

can I use a univeral fitment hub or does it have to be a galant specific setup? does the gen 1 dsm share the same hub?

thanks for the help.

-Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

RayH

I've never heard of a universal hub unless it requires custom welding to the stock steering shaft. Usually the wheel manufacturer has car manufacturer specific hubs that match their wheels. If the bolt patterns of the wheels are the same as in OMP and Momo, their hubs should be interchangeable as long as you get the right hub for your car. Or there are adapters which convert from one bolt pattern to another which allows you to use another wheel manufacturer's hub.

1G DSM's should should have the same hub as the Galant.

thanks for the tip. it's a 73 mm bolt pattern for the wheel. I have found a nardi adapter that fits but again, it's a universal and not a quick release.

I'd like the quick release option to pull the wheel. welding to the hub will suck....let's see what happens with one I buy.

thanks for the help.

-Ron

I ended up going with a momo adapter and then a universal quick disconnect that has both momo and nardi fitments to the wheel. it works, I'm happy.

dang - nearly 1 year to the that I posted this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts