The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Brake pads suggestions

mk2davis

I know it's been covered before, I haven't seen any recent posts that include Hawk HP Plus Sports - Enhanced Compound click

Anyone have experience with the "new and improved" compound? I can't recall what's in there right now (cross drilled rotors and wheels are stock size), but they do get smelly and soft after a long blast in the canyon. I spend 80% driving like a normal person, 20% having fun. Hard core track days are not really part of the plan, but that's not to say it absolutely won't happen at some point.

I've heard good things about Porterfield RS4's and Ake's (don't remember the compound).

mk2davis

Please?

gvr4ever

I think I got power stop street warrior from rockauto last time. Good enough for street use with spirited, non race use. I'd image anything they have under heavy duty use would work well.

KiNgMaRtY

I just replied to another members post and will copy and paste here:

I had Stoptech in an Evo a few times and always hated them. I really like Porterfield R4-S. I've had them in various cares and are great for DD/ mountain roads. My Galant with R4-S out braked my Evo with Stoptechs. I know if wasn't a bad batch either because I got them twice and once on the Miata. I would rate Stoptechs on par with some Autozone basic pads.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts