The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo for my 2.2l build!

89jvr4

Hey everyone, I'm currently in the process of building my 1990 rs galant. I plan on making 600whp or more with room to go even further if it is needed, it will be on e85 and have a built auto to take the abuse. I'm just having a hard time with what turbo i should run ? I currently have a t3 manifold with a 40mm turbosmart compgate so it would have to be a t3 housing. I was looking at turbo labs 67mm hx40 with the t3 .82 housing, but also had been recommended a 6266 or garret gen2 gtx3584rs. Im open to any recommendations. TIA

Current modifications to the motor are:
Eagle 94mm crank
eagle h beam rods
86mm cp 2.2l stroker pistons(9.1cr)
kelford tx280r cams
kelford btk titanium retainers and valve springs
Main girdle
arp everything
head service

Last edited:

tektic

I have the same bottom end but Manley pistons . I’m using a s16g and GSc s1 cams. It boosts so fast. I’m not great with non Mitsubishi Turbo’s but anything that is bigger than a 20g should get you right around your goal. I’ve driven a 6266 car with bc 280 cams. It was really just good for drag racing. Stock engine big turbo and front mount on sd. It was 500hp at 5k but 160 anywhere below. I didn’t like driving it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts