The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch cable

Gilga5

So I ended up replacing both clutch master and slave and now it functions properly. Also, from the car sitting in the garage for so long might of caused it not function and fluids drying up within the lines ect...either way everything is all good and I appreciate all the advice given here. Thank you!

CutlassJim

Quoting gvr4ever:
It was always my understanding that old hydrophilic fluid can absorb water, contaminants, etc. It's why it gets dirty and looks like crap. While they fluid itself might not compress, everything else in the fluid does.

I thought a full flush and replacement was just maintenance.

Maybe you are thinking of brake fluid? The moisture won't compress but with the extreme temp brakes see it boils in the likes and releases oxygen and then that compresses.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quoting Gilga5:
So I ended up replacing both clutch master and slave and now it functions properly. Also, from the car sitting in the garage for so long might of caused it not function and fluids drying up within the lines ect...either way everything is all good and I appreciate all the advice given here. Thank you!

Your seals either wore out from repeated use or the combination of scoring in the bore eventually worn them in spots that allowed fluid to bypass the first seal or both in the system. Check the interior of your car where the master comes in to make sure no fluid is sitting on your firewall/floor board area eating away at the painted surfaces.

Figured it was all just a weak and aging pressure system. Glad you got it back up and operating correctly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts