The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1st engine build.

spooling92vr4

I wouldnt run that topline head gasket... All the others in the kit should be fine, I would shell out a few extra bucks for a dealer multiplayer or regular head gasket. also when I redid my motor I found an oil pump that was made by aisin I believe they make our oem joints.

yeti

yeah im looking for the ones from aisin but cant find they right make/year

i think i might just go with the one from slowboy racing

rdomeck

If you have any concern about your oil pump and do not know what to look for, I would suggest taking it to your machine shop and let them take a look at it for you. It would also depend on if your rebuilding because there was a bunch of trash that ruined your bearings or your just rebuild to freshen things up. Like one of the previous post said it all depends on what it looks like. I used to rebuild Porsche engines and some of this oil pumps could push $3000. You can do a lot of checking, cleaning and repairing for $3000!

Have someone who rebuilds engines for a living look at it and see if it's worn. If it looks ok to them have them do some measuring and see if the shafts are worn or the bores for the shafts are worn. A good machine shop will charge about $15 to check it out and then you will know for sure. Water pump should be replaced no matter what for $30!

yeti

both oil pump and water pump already ordered

thanks though im more of pulling my hair out trying to figure out my other thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

rag3

If it not a bad ground or blown fuse it could also be the alternator. if it has a bad connect it could also drain the battery.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned