The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just bought my first vr4!

Jdmgalantvr4

Hi just wanted to introduce myself. This is my first 89 galant vr4. I had it imorted from japan. Whats the best place for jdm parts for my car? Are most us and jdm parts for these cars interchangeable? Also does anyone know how to tell the production date? Thanks everyone! Hope i didnt overload you with questions on my first post haha

gvr4ever

Post under the hood pics.

I thought JDM could come with a small 16g turbo, 510cc injectors,cyclone intake, and a IC upgrade, over US spec. Not sure about a 89.

fuel

^^ you're thinking of the post mid-1990 Evolution spec facelift which actually came with a big 16G along with the 510cc injectors, larger intercooler, 3.909 4-bolt rear and close ratio transmission.

The one pictured above is the pre-facelift (early '89) which has the same 450cc blue top injectors, 14b turbo, 3.545 3-bolt rear end as the USDM G, but has the cyclone dual stage inlet manifold and comes with smaller single piston brakes.

raptorWagon

Quoting gvr4ever:
I thought JDM could come with a small 16g turbo, 510cc injectors,cyclone intake, and a IC upgrade, over US spec. Not sure about a 89.

If it's a 89, it's most likely a Pre-facelift VR4, so basically just a RHD version of the US spec VR4 with the Japanese spec bumpers.

The production date typically is in the door jamb, however not sure if its the same for Japanese Spec cars. You have pretty much all there is for "JDM" parts stock on your car, so if you are looking for performance parts then you would look to jnztuning.com, Extremepsi.com, etc. For FMIC and piping upgrades, you are pretty much on your own there and will need to fabricate something up to suit or adapt a 1g dsm kit over. ETS stopped making a GVR4 specific FMIC kit several years ago. Most parts are going to be interchangeable, but also some stuff might be specific to your year like the engine wiring and ECU.

fuel

plug the VIN into this link for the manufacture date - click

bobdole

Looks like a nice car. Welcome to the ORG.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts