The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New To Site

raptorWagon

Quoting tonyp602:

These are the two that i want to find

img.php

That first one is going to be very very hard to find, it's not a factory grill and only seen one ever pop up for sale on here. The second one is a AMG Galant Grill, you might be able to find one or a replica, both types would be sourced from overseas, but the first is what Streetmasters was talking about. Authentic AMG Galant parts are $$ to be prepared to pay up!

EfiniX

Quoting citymunky:
this is a EVO 4 motor, I'm sure that's not what is installed in your car.

eiiF.jpg

Came here to say this.

Lol you barely spin the tires on the street can't see you spinning tires on a prepared track. But anyways nice looking car sounds like you have open exhaust. Did it break or did you change the turbo or what?

tonyp602

lmfao yea I watch the video it looked like a complete fail but next time we hit the track ill record it or if I can find the videos my brother took Ill post em but the exhaust is 3" from test pipe out

G

Staff member
40 psi is over inflated.

BLUELIGHTSBABY

Well, Im the new owner of 666/1000. I don't really care for the number. However the badge is missing, but I have another one from my 92 VR4 that burnt years ago. No motor, no trans, no t-case, no-drive shaft, no ECU, no fuel pump, along with the tail lights. lucky, I have a stash of parts to put it back together.

The body is straight, and there is no rust. the seats have gone to sh*t with brittle leather, etc. I found it at Co Part in Dallas TX for 300 plus all their fees, so it came to 570. Then about 500 worth of fuel and hotel to come and get it.

I figure it will make a nice project car in the future, and being its 1 of 16 made in Kensington Grey its worth saving.

Hopefully I will post picture in the future as I restore it. So at least every one knows where its at now.

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting BLUELIGHTSBABY:
and being its 1 of 16 made in Kensington Grey its worth saving.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BLUELIGHTSBABY

yes, 1 of 16 or 18 made. 1992 was the only year that came in KG. No sunroof, and it depends on what factory radio it had in it. That is the difference between if its 1 of 16 or 1 of 18. And I can only guess a number of them have been wrecked, parted out over the last 27 years, So that may only leave less than 10 cars.

So whats the ??? marks for ?

fuel

You mean it was 1 of 16 KG 1992 models that had no CD player and no sunroof? There were 226 total KG cars. click

transparentdsm

It's 14 and 16, not 18. I only know bc I just picked up a KG, had recently seen this post, so I needed to know and mines 1 of 14.

raptorWagon

Some folks like to keep the badge for sentimental reasons, its not linked to the VIN anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

BLUELIGHTSBABY

that's one's opinion. Try telling the other 2500 owners the dash badge doesn't really matter.

It would be interesting to compare the VIN #s with the badge numbers, and see if there is any pattern Mitsu used when the cars were coming off the production line, or if some worker just went out to the parking lot and starting sticking badges on?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
There is no badge correlation. The badges were not installed at the production line, as this project and vehicle was a US marketing program. They were installed in the port when they arrived in the US. They did just go up and down the rows putting them on, with no accounting for production order. The famous "number 3" was actually about the two-hundredth or so car made for 92.

There is a badge/VIN correlation list, but it is loosely constructed from data gathered here and other sources, and is far from complete. Maybe I had 1000 of the 3000 cars at some point.

People continuing to do things like remove them from the cars or move them to other cars causes the info to go out of date. I myself put a badge on a '92 that I bought without one. The badge came from another car that was scrapped.

thomcasey

Quoting BLUELIGHTSBABY:
that's one's opinion. Try telling the other 2500 owners the dash badge doesn't really matter.

It would be interesting to compare the VIN #s with the badge numbers, and see if there is any pattern Mitsu used when the cars were coming off the production line, or if some worker just went out to the parking lot and starting sticking badges on?

It was definitely the latter. Give each guy a box with baggies of badges and key-chains and go to town.

turbowop

Quoting BLUELIGHTSBABY:
yes, 1 of 16 or 18 made. 1992 was the only year that came in KG. No sunroof, and it depends on what factory radio it had in it. That is the difference between if its 1 of 16 or 1 of 18. And I can only guess a number of them have been wrecked, parted out over the last 27 years, So that may only leave less than 10 cars.

So whats the ??? marks for ?

As posted by Fuel, there were waaaaay more than only 16 KG cars, hence my confused emoji.

BLUELIGHTSBABY

There were 226 total. Of the 226, only 30 were made without the sunroof. 14 and 16 made were with or without the premium radio. It appears the 92 Nile Black w/o sunroof is the rarest with only 8 being imported

Last edited:

turbowop

Sweet. In 40 years when one comes up at Barret Jackson we can all drool over how rare that option package and color combo was. Or it'll never matter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

I'm glad you're saving the car though. I actually owned one of the non-sunroof KG cars. I had an aftermarket head unit in it though so it was probably one of a kind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fuel

^^ in 40 years time I'll be more concerned about it being 1 of 12 not being on jackstands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts