The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TMZ Performance

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Looking at clutch questions and flywheel considerations but ...

Noticed that TMZ had some recent shop changes, as in location and setup.

Does anybody know off hand what their response times have been lately for emails via the site or direct at the gmail.com address?

I can always try a FB post concerning parts to suit my situation, but I was just wondering if anyone here knew if they are seriously back logged or

if shop changes have prevented any portion of the business from responding.

My emails contained the fact that I would be buying locally here in Canada if the clutch kit I needed was stocked here with a local supplier of SBC,

because the exchange rate is insane, plus tax on inbound stuff would add another 13% ... so roughly 25% in exchange, plus 13% CDN tax, plus shipping which is already included for US folks.

There are hybrid kits or renaming of standard SBC parts and kits through TMZ Performance because of their close relationship/building things to make DSM's greater, but that doesn't translate

completely with the parts guy I normally order with from what I can tell.

Have sent two site emails over the last week (I think it has been a week roughly), but have received no response thus far.

This could very well be a very busy season with taxes coming in, etc, but I'm looking for factual evidence to see if I just need to be more patient with the process or what may be going on.

Anybody in the loop?

FlyingEagle

Staff member
To further clarify, maybe they are still pushing forward but things are statistically behind as they would be with construction, moving, reorganizing, etc.

FB post just before X-Mas:

Quote:

I am not taking in any more transmission jobs until around mid-February. I am catching up on jobs here and will be soon moving into the new shop along with cleaning out all of my storage units and reorganizing the pile of parts. I am hoping for a tentative mid- February active date, things may change.

All email orders or website parts orders will still be done.

I will be fully closed December 22-27, 2018, and December 29th - January 1st, 2019 for the holidays, and then January 14th-31st as I will be on vacation. I will not be processing or shipping any orders during this time and will have very limited access to email.

Thank you all for the continued business, and your patience! I am hoping once the new shop is active that I will be able to further meet your needs for your driveline component builds and parts sales! The new shop will eventually have several vehicle lifts to add some vehicle repairs and R&R jobs to the list as well!

Happy holidays, and thank you all for your support over the last 9+ years!!

Tim Zimmer
TMZ Performance

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I saw he was on vacation and so left him be until he was rightly settled back in the office.

Asked a few questions, got some great answers and compared to his postings on DSMTuners about clutch choices.

I ended up getting an SS TZ clutch combination as this was supposed be the closest to stock pedal feel and pressure with great power holding capability with light/mid heating

of the components during use. I wanted a capable daily driver with proper manners, and possible to still use for quick zips down the road but not necessarily hot lapping those 1320 foot sections.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts