The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Back in the house

turboflanagan

Hey VR4 crew!

I have had my Galant for more than 18 years. I can't really believe it's true.

It has been parked for ages and currently isn't licensed for street use. I hope to rectify that very soon and start daily driving it again.

I feel like a newb all over again and I suck at the search, so forgive me as I ask some possibly frustrating questions.

I can't wait to get this thing back on the road!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Floor mat man is alive!

turboflanagan

Alive and kickin'.

Have had a few orders even though I haven't been around in ages. I have a couple of sets that I might post up for sale. They were sets that I had to eat because they were embroidered wrong from the order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

It took some work to get the mat embroiderer (that looks really weird...) sorted out, but it is all straight now.

I see someone else is moving in on the iceman name. Good to have the original still around!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bobdole

Welcome back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Floor mats are great. Have them in both my VR4's.

idreamidrive

Quoting iceman69510:
Floor mat man is alive!

Thanks for pointing this out as I need just a driver's front if there are any available.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quoting turboflanagan:
Alive and kickin'.

Have had a few orders even though I haven't been around in ages. I have a couple of sets that I might post up for sale. They were sets that I had to eat because they were embroidered wrong from the order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

It took some work to get the mat embroiderer (that looks really weird...) sorted out, but it is all straight now.

I see someone else is moving in on the iceman name. Good to have the original still around!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Welcome back! Yes, we all say "floor mat" when we see the name!

Maybe we should change your name to turbofloormatigan? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Curiosity has me wondering what the dimensions for the Galant front foot floor pan area are compared to the C50/C60 Mirage hatch/sedan.

PM with what happened to those floor mats you had to "eat" and dimensions and maybe something will workout.

My C50 has original light grey floor mats, but they are heel worn and I changed out the entire floor carpet for a ACC brand setup (12055) in grey/dark grey, so they need replacement and nothing I have found so far is either "period" or vehicle fitment correct at this point.

https://www.accmats.com/commerce/1989/Mitsubishi/Mirage/Flooring/12055/

Glad to see your car will get some more attention, and be back to rolling status.

If you have some wiring gremlins like CTS wiring with split jackets, etc, be sure to check out Sheridan Engineering and Ohm Racing.

Sheridan Engineering Harness and Connectors: http://connectors.sheridanengineering.com/index.htm

Ohm Racing: http://www.ohm-racing.com/product-category/mitsubishi/1g-dsm-90-94-eclipse/connectors-harnesses/electrical-connectors-1g-dsm-90-94-eclipse

Don't worry about the questions, as the I post in the newbie section all the time. Hopefully it will more be about sourcing parts, than installing parts!

Online ASA is pretty much this for me now: PartSouq.com

If you can't find what you need onshore, off shore will take you to partsouq or amayama.com to name a couple. They have access to UAE and Japan stocked parts and warehouses, prices are decent and shipping is reasonable.

I'm all for supporting JNZTuning, RockAuto and the other local suppliers, but you need to know you have multiple options.

Tim

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts