The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel filler tube RESOLVED

mk2davis

I've read a lot of old posts regarding the availability of the rubber fuel neck tube, some of which were almost 10 years old now. I'm going to call JNZ just to verify that they are out. Does anyone know the size of the I.D., or a more modern application with a similar tube? I've read somewhere between a 41 and a 44mm, but it would be a lot easier if it was a 1.5" or 1.75".

Last edited:

DSSA

They are definitely gone as I indicated in the call. Members here got 3 of the last 4 I had, and I am keeping the last one for future use (personal eventually--but also for figuring out a replacement setup shortly).

The last hose I have here measures between 40-41mm I.D. (rubber hose is not easy to get an "exact" on), which would put it between 1 37/64" and 1 and 39/64". That said, they are a REALLY snug fit on the tank/fill tube, and a 1 5/8" hose would probably be the key if it has to be English Measurement hose. If it's got internal braiding, I would venture to say that a slightly larger ID (less flexibility) would be needed to slip over the beads of the connections.

Hope this lets you find at least a temporary solution.

Josh

JNZ Tuning

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts