The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Vacuum lines and connectors is all that's left RESOLVED

mk2davis

I just got a free things left to button up, but I'm kinda stuck. There are there things:
Front axles are kicking my ass, see other thread
I have a black rectangular box with two vacuum lines, one in and one out, which is currently (and most likely incorrectly) mounted near the firewall passenger side. I don't know where the vacuum lines go.
I have a little bracket with mounts to the rear of the stock airbox with two electrical switches and four vacuum nipples. I got the connectors figured out, the vacuum nipples....
Near the passenger headlight, right next the 6 pin fan connector is a 2 pin female connector, can't find the male side.

I know this sucks without pics. Once I learn how to shrink my pics, I'll add them.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Eztoril

Have you looked at the "vacuum line" routing diagram on the hood, if it's still there? My car has it and if you need I can post a pic of it. Are you still using an egr valve and other components that require use of the vacuum lines? I think the 2 pin connector you are talking about goes to the boost control solenoid. I have never seen that black box looking thingy. I dont use those vacuum lines any longer otherwise I would just tell you where they go. You can figure it out by looking at the diagram, it's not that complicated

Last edited:

transparentdsm

That big black box, pull it off, on the other side I'll bet it says greddy, it should be a boost controller box for a old school profec b. The two vacuum solenoid's like like they are for the fuel pressure regulator, but repurposed as the OEM boost regulator.

mk2davis

The box was for the greedy, so I pulled that off. Also found a trunk of vacuum lines that had slid out of sight, and those connected to the solenoids.

transparentdsm

Very nice, glad your working things out.
To bad your not closer to me, I've made about 4 vr4's in the Reno/Tahoe area smog ready, got pretty good by the last one.

Do you have that whole greddy set up? And do you plan to use it? I love those things.

mk2davis

The greedy set up never seemed to work right for me. This car has had a few quirks, so I'm taking things out of the recipe to try and see if I can't get some driveability back

transparentdsm

dealing with someone elses fuckery is always a tough battle. with the age of these vehicles checking wiring under the loom is also a big portion of problem solving. ive had cracks in the harness where wires were exposed and touching themselves, causing false or no readings, this is almost always by the coolant temp sensor and oxygen sensor harness bundle and they can cause a bunch of stuff to act crazy.

if you have the full greddy set up and want to sell it let me know, im a sucker for period correct parts for these vehicles and wouldn't mind this in my VR4 once its back together and driving.

mk2davis

I'll keep you in mind, but as this car was my dad's, I'd like to see the Greddy in it and working correctly.

EDIT: How often do you get to Tahoe area? If I have any issues, I might have to make the trip!

Last edited:

transparentdsm

I try to get there once or twice a year, but it's usually to go snowboarding. If you ever have issues just send me a PM, I'm always willing to lend any help I can.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts