The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

T Stat sensor part number? RESOLVED

mk2davis

I'm finally swapping motors out of my VR-4. I'm going to need everybody's help identifying some electrical components that have been broken and wires that have been abandoned.

Off the back of the thermostat housing there is a single sensor next to a water nipple. I believe this is the engine coolant temperature switch, a/c fan condenser. Does anyone know the part number for this? When I google it, I get a variety of results.

TIA

Last edited:

mk2davis

Thanks Pot.

I saw this thread, and I was hoping to get a part number for sensor 4. Mine is busted off right at the hex nut, so I can't tell how many leads go to this sensor to match it up visually. This is why I was hoping for a part number.

mk2davis

Can some one take a picture of what the sensor looks like? The dealership is being less than useful.

AllanL

MB439576 - switch, water temp [installed on top of thermo housing cover, #3 in pic below]

MB439918 - switch, water temp [installed on the side of the thermo housing body, #4 in pic below]

img.php

Last edited:

mk2davis

Thanks Allan, that is exactly what I was looking for. Now if only I can find it for less than 61 bucks!

idreamidrive

Rockauto click,1992,galant,2.0l+l4+turbocharged,1206278,cooling+system,temperature+sender+/+sensor,4748

They have both the single terminal and dual terminal sensors mixed together, but they have less than $15 a piece.

mk2davis

I saw this, but didn't see any distinction between normally open and normally closed. And since the Tstat housing has two single terminal and two dual terminal sensors, it muddies up the water just a bit.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts