The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Pump Assembly

So im done alot of searching and ive been unable to find a new sending unit/ assembly for my fuel pump. Pump works fine but something is up with one of my round leads on top of the cap. Had it uncovered the other day because she would crank but would catch, tapped on top of that cap and tried again and it started right up and strong. However, i noticed a thin bit of smoke coming up from the cap, so i touched a the leads and one was pretty warm. So, i dont know if anyone could give me some insight as to how to fix this or where to buy an aftermarket assembly, because you cant get the oem part for the vr-4 anymore

If this thread is redundant, im sorry, couldnt find any similar thread

jnava

Staff member
This seems to be the best time to rewire your fuel pump. This upgrade is usually done when there's an upgraded fuel pump and would be appropriate time to change into a thicker gauge wire.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
These types of issues can be repaired. Please show us what you think is the issue. Heat indicates too much resistance and a likely corroded connection. Stainless screws and rubber /plastic washers and grommets (if it is a pass-through connection) can be used.

I might even be willing to do it for you if you don't feel confident and would ship it to me.

4Grim

No real need to do a inline fuel pump setup...plenty of people have made great power with the stock intake setup. Just upgrade your pump and rewire and you are good.

slugsgomoo

If you're making under 700-800 WHP, a single walbro 450 in the tank will probably be more than enough, just make sure you have an adjustable regulator so you can deal with the fact that the pump moves a LOT of fuel.

My setup has a 450 in tank, and a walbro 392 inline on the firewall, but I'm also trying to max out a set of 2150's.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts