The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dropped a piece of rtv down a oil return channel

Eztoril

Kicking myself in the ass for this happening. I was cleaning off some old rtv so I could put my vc back on and a dippin dot size of rtv fell down the oil return channel in the upper right hand corner of the head. I definitely am concerned about this. I really really dont want to tear the entire motor apart to go after this thing. Do you guys think I'll be ok? Hopefully it won't block anything and cause low oil pressure.

Thanks

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

You could drain the oil and see if it comes out. Chances are, it's stuck in a cranny somewhere, and will either stay there, or dislodge. It probably won't hurt anything, but it's always a possibility.

I'd just send it.

Eztoril

Good call on changing the oil, I'll try that first. Do you happen to know if that passage drains to the pan?

Thanks Brett.

thomcasey

THose passages are for head oil draining. YOu could pour some fresh oil down the passage then change the oil. Maybe wash it down.

fuel

have you got a shop vac with a small nozzle? can you see it lodged somewhere if you shine a flashlight down the drain hole?

Eztoril

I do have a shop vac but not sure if it's going to suck that thing back up?? It fell down that passage into the depths. I will try what Thom suggested by pouring some oil down the passage and hopefully will just come out the drain plug. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the help.

turbowop

Send it. Guys have ran sub 10's with oil squirters sitting in the bottom of the pan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts