The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just picked up a VR-4

akujiki1987

Hey guys, just picked up a VR-4 last night. It seems on a google search one of the prior owners posted about recently buying it on here as well. Its 979/1000 located here in SoCal. For the most part it drives extremely smooth. Im not sure if the parts mentioned on the prior owners thread remained. Have not had a chance to dig in and the guy I got it from had little info on it other than he said prior owner said they swapped the motor at 160k. It currently sets at 231. First plan is to get all the timing components swapped and go from there. This is not my first time with this engine(had a 90 GST) so i now a TINY bit. Look forward to being part of the community.

strokin4dr

Welcome to the board. Be sure to post some pics of your VR4, and take some time to poke around here a bit. These threads contain tons of information that will be useful for anything you want to do to the car.

pot

Staff member
Awesome news brother. You’ll find that this is a fantastic and rewarding community as I encourage you to contribute by continuing to post by asking questions and sharing upcoming projects with your galant.

Make sure you read the sticky’s within each each section as well as take your time perusing through the “How To and Info Archive” -lots of solid information is located there.

Welcome aboard and let’s see those pictures!

bobdole

Welcome and congrads on the new VR4.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts