The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant to vr4 galant

Roehre009

Hey everyone. I have a 1991 Galant vr4 thay recently got side swiped on the driver side. I found a 1991 Mitsubishi Galant for sale near me but it is not the VR4 model. It looks quite a bit different in some areas. Will I be able to use this car? What are the differences?

thomcasey

Doors and fenders will, trunk will, hood will. You may have to create some new holes to mount some of the VR4 trim.

tektic

It would be quite a bit if work to swap in the awd system. Engine will fit though.

raptorWagon

^ This, you would still be fwd unless you sourced a donor shell to convert the car as well as have a welder, since you gotta cut the trunk floor out.

Last edited:

FlyingEagle

Staff member
If you found an AWD, non turbo model, then swapping over everything would make sense, or at least it would all fit right up.

Canada got the Eagle Summit 2000GTX, which should be the equivalent to the USDM Galant (G)GSX.

More to the OP's original point, I think he is wondering if he could take fenders and doors and what not - yes being the answer, but the holes for the side cladding would have to be made. Not sure if the sides of the car changed at all due to dog legs pieces and such.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts