The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo block off plate

tektic

Anyone know where I can get an 88mm round piece of sheet metal circle to cap the v-band of a turbo off? Doing a rwd project and would rather not do all the turbo related plumbing until later and don't want to have to make 2 custom headers.

strokin4dr

Something like this?

CLICK

tektic

Yes exactly only bigger. I think a 3" v band flange with a plate welded over it may work.

strokin4dr

Yep, that's what I was thinking initially. Thought maybe the "88" was a typo for 38mm. haha. Good luck!

tektic

I want to cap the hole the chara clamps in to on the turbine housing.

I'm doing a mighty max. Between the wide block engine build, dohc swap plumbing, moving the engine forward 2", intake manifold tb flip, oil pan mods, drive shaft mods, hydro brake, hydro couch, electric fan install and 3g ecu wiring I have my plate full for the next couple months. I don't want to have to do all the ecu tuning and intercooler oil and water lines before I ever even drive the truck. This way I can make a down pipe and I will still be able to test everything. It might just stay dohc nt with 2g pistons for a little while. I want to paint it and do body work too. An extra 100hp will be great but I'd rather have a working truck.

strokin4dr

Gotcha, that makes sense. Would be cool to see some pics of the progress!

tektic

I need to do the rear wheel bearings and roll it outside to power wash the engine bay. I'll make a thread in the anything goes section when I have some picture worth showing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned