The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Charcoal Canister

tektic

I Just have a screw plugging this line in the engine bay. When I fill up my gas tank there is a long loud pressure correction. Doesn't seem like the best thing for fuel delivery. Should I just put this system back together? How do others have this system set up? Also my car was converted from NA so i think may be missing a check valve of something.

thomcasey

If we can get away with it (like I can), we just delete the canister and leave the hose open. But, I do have a check valve and do not notice any fuel smell

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I have a fuel smell when driving but not when the car sits in the garage or anywhere else.

I think it is the venting action to the canister and then it makes its way to atmosphere while driving, under the correct conditions.

Essentially I need to know if any of my vacuum hoses are attached to the correct nipples/spots on the 1990 style TB.

I have a check valve and all factory hardware installed on my C53a. Very, very similar to what you will be using, for a charcoal canister.

I think we posted about that a while back?

Looks like the same canister but different fittings and solenoids (or none) used to perform the venting in/out of the canister/motor.

When you have enough parts from multiple platforms and years, you tend to get a little tongue tie when people ask how your canister works. Haha.

marvinmadman

My tank holds pressure for some reason. I thought it was vacuum until I really looked into it.

mrt0mjones

I would hook up the charcoal canister.

Fuel vapors are not necessarily the "safest" thing to be venting into any area.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts