The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

voltage based injector deadtime adjustment ecmlink

Breakerrr

I am having a little trouble wrapping my head around how the ECU arrives at its value for injector deadtime. More important than that, if the values found in the direct access menu's voltage based injector daytime adjustment tab provide the base to which the global deadtime is then added to?

For instance if the value is 500 in the direct access menu (mentioned above) at 12vdc, and 500 is entered in the global field under the fuel tab, would the final applied number of microseconds be 1000?

ECMLINK V3

Thanks.

Breakerrr

ECMLink provides access to the factory deadtime adjustment table in the DirectAccess tab. The line item is called “InjBatteryAdj”. This is a table of injector offsets to apply based on battery voltage. The global deadtime field on the ECU Config→Fuel tab is simply added to whatever value is derived from that InjBatteryAdj field. Typically, the larger the injector or the higher the fuel pressure, the greater the injector's deadtime.

thats a quote from ecm wiki pages and i believe its a yes to my question

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts