The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Can someone help me find this valve?

PaulyD

Hey everyone, first post but long time lurker. I have a JDM vr4 and I accidentally broke the vacuum stem off a vlave while changing the fuel filter the other day. i can't seem to be able to find a replacement anywhere. The dealership couldn't even tell me what it was, I have only found a few dead links to old slavic site ads. I have searched everywhere I know to search and cant find anything. If someone here could get me in the right direction that'd be great!

Its been a bit difficult getting some "special" parts here in the states. I also need a gas cap, because apparently that's different.

Last edited:

thomcasey

Maybe try PMing FUEL (Australia) or 988 (malaysia), or MX4 and KUMFASA (New Zealand). They might be able to get tha part for you.

G

Staff member
Post a better pic of the valve and where it's located.

kumfasa

That's the Evap Purge Control Solenoid. It runs off a vacuum line from the top of the intake manifold and vents the fuel tank to the intake tract when boost is present.
Part Number# MD001918.

more detail pic pless... i think i have... if you wanna it i gef free... just pay shipping cost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

holeshotmoe

Evap canister purge valve. Mine has K5T60871 stamped on it. P/N: MD011227

Post a request in the Parts Wanted section. Somebody has this and the charcoal canister sitting in a bucket in their garage. You could also use JB Weld (epoxy) to glue the stem back on. The valve opens when you start the car, to draw gas fumes accumulated in the charcoal canister into the intake for burn.

Last edited:

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I see the hose attached to the outgoing portion of the valve, as shown in the pic where the valve is between the intake and the firewall, but I don't see where it is supposed to route into (part, nipple, nothing!).

My C53a has this valve right at the charcoal canister but it used to have a foam sock on it or something, but it has never been routed into anywhere. Was it possible it routed back into one of the nipples on the intake snorkel right after the MAS?

I do have a smell of gas in my engine bay, and haven't got around to finding out how this was routed. I don't have a leak, it is only there on purge function.

I haven't used a stock 4g61t snorkel in years, and now have a 2G snorkel in its place.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts