The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

221/2000: ECMLink No Start DTC 023

Tisquantum

So I try to start her up a few times and it just sounds completely out of timing. Then I check the DTCs and see 023. I have positive battery and +5v but bad ground on the harness it seems.

My question is this: is it safe for me to cut the ground wire from the CAS harness plug and solder a direct to body ground wire to it?

Tisquantum

Update: after removing the original CAS I saw it was installed 180 out. I corrected it and reinstalled it. Still throws the code and no start. I installed the new one, still throws the code and no start. I have good ground, battery + and 5v+. What the heck?!

Tisquantum

Can someone recommend a trust worthy shop in the Portland Oregon area? I need some serious help unfucking what ever stupid sh*t Paul and his lacky did to this poor car. I have found enough stuff done wrong that I can't stomach it anymore.

EfiniX

ehmotorsports.net

PM him here @ ehmotorsports

You can go to English Racing as well, but they are up in Camas, Wa.

Tisquantum

After furthering diagnostic testing, it seems that between the start up after the timing belt job and the installation of the ECMLink and subsequent SD sensors, the wiring for several sensors on the engine harness got very screwed up. I don't even know if I have it in me to f*** with this nightmare any longer.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned