The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New GV4 Owner 900/2000 New Jersey

Turbotrix

Hello Everyone,After 8 years of not owning any type of performance car(Kids,Wife,Work=No time)I found what i always wanted a 91 nile black GV4 900/2000 I guess midlife crisis lol...
Clean Accident/Rust Free Car
Im in NJ If any members would like to share some ideas/tuning or vr4 meets hit me up

Turbotrix

Got a lot i need to clean up in engine bay(wiring perhaps a Wire Tuck,so far installed 20g,Gotta fix Intercooler Brackets as they Keep Front bumper from Lining up Need new carpet and Looking for Original GV4 Steering wheel right now using 1g talon,clean up interior
Debating on Engine management between ESMlink 3 or AEM EMS 2
Goal 500-600WHP
Also Just Installed New KYB AGX;s With HR GV4 Specific springs,Crappy 18" wheels(doing evo Brembo Conversion So will Most Likely go with Evo Wheels and need 5 lug conversion
Im a Turbo Car Fanatic but only DSM's i owned were Starion Back in the 90's and 1g AWD Talon back in the 90's so not much performance work was done back then,I could def use some advise on what or what not to do and what will i need to do 5 lug conversion and and 4 bolt rear ,looking to eliminate 4WS

Last edited:

prove_it

Am I the only that opened this thinking that the company TurboTrix had started an account?

Welcome to the org!

Turbotrix

Ha ha when they opened up back in the day I have been using this user name 3 years prior them opening i remember they some how got a hold of my number and harassed me stating that i stole their name any how like i said i came out with turbotrix in the late 90's and no not the same person/company

Turbotrix

now that i had time and went over the engine bay it looks that its not the original motor
lots of hacked wires i have to fix,lots of plugs wires that don't have home and why thermostat housing with rad cap and cap on radiator ..
pulled out ECU looks like its been hacked too with some weird burned eprom and hacked mounting tabs and one wire soldered into one of the engine harness wires will take pics
this is starting to worry me as i rather deal will stock and move on rather then try to fix and figure out hacked stuff and don't know what came from what....looks like mix of diff dsm parts

thruarod

Hey man.. I am not far from you, maybe half an hour. I picked up #167/2000 and have been daily driving it for a year or so, and a buddy of mine picked up #815/2000 and is working on getting it put together. I really want to put the 4WS back in my car, and he has some 5 lug swap parts that he might want to get rid of. It would be cool if we could all work something out and/or get our cars together at some point. We have plenty of other DSMs that aren't GVR-4's in the group too. Always willing to look out for our Mitsubishi brothers!

Turbotrix

For sure man,wish i had a lift,i need to pull the motor and trans out,clean up engine bay/wiring change the sandwich oil filter housing to regular one and run external oil cooler clean up the engine and re install
do you know the wiring on the car pretty good?def hit me up ill pm you my number

Turbotrix

Thanks I appreciate Everyones Support /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Unlike Some Ricer Forums Which I don't Wanna Mention (Im sure you know)
I will Def Take All Help That I Could
Was $2200 Good Price?

Turbotrix

yeah just the way you see it
20G
Huge OLD STYLE God Speed FMI
ETC
I def gotta tidy up a lot of stuff but previous owner said motor was built with Eagle rods,ross 8.5.1
about 2k miles ago and he just head complete head redone with OEM stuff and pretty much about 10 miles after the head work new timing belt etc
there is a lot of unconnected Plugs/Wires etc which i need to find out where they went also looking at the motor seems like it has t housing with Rad cap and radiator has cap on it as well,he also gave me NIB Alu radiator for it

Is it possible to get a different Oil Filter Housing with out Sandwich cooler for more clearance? also iseen people move alternator to the back that be cool and gain room to run external Wastage O2 hosing seen nice one by punisher racing i believe

Last edited:

transparentdsm

then 2200 is a good pickup for no accidents, no rust and running, needing some love is going to happen on any one of these cars that someone buys.

Turbotrix

Does anyone know if there is an Aftermarket carpet made for Galant?
Or If Someone Has One In Nice Condition I Would Def Get It

Jesus_Negros

Welcome,

If I was you I would just cut my own carpet. How bad could it come out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Turbotrix

Thanx Negro Thats what i was thinking to do well at least just drivers portion and dye the rest....
Most important thing right now is to get ECM Link,Wide Band,Injectors,Fuel filter/regulator etc and get a base tune done...i gotta feeling i have a boost leak though as well will check all connections tomorrow....Removed the ECM today and found a wired eprom chip with black burn mark in middle of the label,and 2 extra legs on each side of eprom chip soldered,gotta feeling eprom is shot
Eprom label is pink and reads:78/60/SFI/Knock/650cc/2GMAS 2X i believe i will post pic as i can't read this but its set up now to run GM MAF on translator
Honestly if i had a lift and time id like to pull the motor/trans out clean the bay,check and replace whatever is needed on the motor reinstall That be my first step but for now it has to do the way it is as Motor Sounds extremely healthy,small oil leak from Filter housing which i have to fix,but most important is to get it tuned and running right and reliable end remove internal 20g gate or weld it and run external wastage

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Looks like the chip says 2G MAF, so it's no surprise if the car runs like asshole on the GM MAF. I'd run a 2G MAF over a blow through setup any day, though.

The most important thing right now is to get all the maintenance up to date. That's the first step to getting the car running right and reliable. If you need parts or assistance, shoot me a pm. I'm not too terribly far from you.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts