The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wideband Wiring

idreamidrive

I am a total n00b when it comes to wiring and I have a question about hooking up my wideband. I would like an unhacked harness, but a lot of my plugs have the coating on the wire breaking and exposing the wires going in to them, so I really don't care if I hack in to it size I will have to fix the plugs anyway.

I am reading on ecmtuning's lc2 install instructions that "The red wire typically goes to a switched +12v source. The ECU pins listed above are good choices if you're wiring near the ECU. This wire would also typically be fused with at least a 5A fuse."

The part I don't understand is the "This wire would also typically be fused with at least a 5A fuse." Do I add a 5A fuse right before I splice in to wire 102 or 107, or am I missing something?

GSTwithPSI

The fuse would go between the splice and the sensor.

There's a difference between the wiring on the LC-1 and LC-2. Both sensors are pretty much the same, but the brown and yellow wires are switched. Make sure you know which sensor you have. Here's a bunch of sh*t I posted about wiring in an LC-2 for another guy on T00ners:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting GSTwithPSI:</font><hr />
I've never personally installed an LC-2, but I've done plenty of LC-1s.

So, you'll need to wire in the gauge in 2 steps. The first step being the wiring of the LC-2 controller box. For the LC-2, there are 4 wires:

-Red wire:
Connect the RED wire to a switched 12V source in your vehicle. A
switched 12V source goes ON as soon as “key on” power is active.

-Black wire:
Connect to a good ground

-Yellow Wire:
Simply, this is the wideband signal. Analog output one (yellow wire ) is the 0V = 7.35 AFR and 5V = 22.39 AFR. It is important to note for anyone else reading this, that this would be the BROWN wire on an LC-1 controller box. Connect this wire to whichever ECU input you choose. For a 2G with ECMlink V3, this would be one of the following ECU pins: 76 (O2 sensor front), 73 (Manifold differential pressure sensor), 75 (O2 sensor rear), or 85 (Barometric pressure sensor). For a 1G, this would be ECU pins 4 (Oxygen Senso), 15 (EGR temperature sensor), or 16 (Barometric pressure sensor). If you installing the gauge stand alone, and aren't wiring this into any sort of management system, just connect the yellow wire directly to the DB gauge's WHITE wire.

-Brown wire:
Should go unused

After you have the controller box installed, you need to hook up the DB gauge. It is pretty straight forward. One important note, make sure you connect the WHITE wire on your gauge to the YELLOW wire on the LC-2 controller box.

Innovate's DB gauge install instructions:
1. Please follow the installation instructions that came with
your wideband (LC-2, LC-1, LM-2, or LM-1) prior to
installing the gauge.

2. Connect the DB gauge’s RED wire to a switched 12 volt
source (ignition switched).

3. Connect the DB gauge’s BLACK ground wire to the same
ground source shared with your wideband controller.

4. Connect the DB gauge’s YELLOW wire to a headlight power
wire (a wire that supplies current to the headlights). This
enables the display to dim for better nighttime viewing.
DO NOT CONNECT THIS WIRE TO THE HEADLIGHT
DIMMING WIRE. Connection to this rheostat type of switch
will cause the gauge to malfunction. If you chose not to utilize
the dimming feature, connect the yellow wire to ground.

5. The DB gauge’s WHITE wire is the signal input from the
wideband controller. The gauge is setup to work with an
analog output configuration of 0v = 7.35 A/F and 5v = 22.39
A/F.

LC-2: Connect the DB gauge’s WHITE wire to the
LC-2’s YELLOW wire.
LC-1: Connect the DB gauge’s WHITE wire to the
LC-1’s BROWN wire.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned