The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I need smart people. :)

EgonOlsen

Finding parts in EU for a VR4 is always a hassle, so to the question.

Can someone tell me if Transfer, Driveshaft and Rear diff is the same on a Galant GTI Dynamic 4 as on the US VR4?

Considering getting 1 for parts.

r4pt0x

Dynamic 4 had 3-bolt rear drive shafts and open rear diff with long ratio. Transfer and driveshaft should be (are) the same, gearbox (additionally to being the waker W5M2) has a different output ratio due to the longer rear diff ratio.

The later transfer cases (evo3, eclipse 2G GSX) had different teeth counts (can't remember if more or less teeth) at the input.

I modified my rear LSD to use the long ratio with the VR4 4-bolt rear driveshafts and axle - when these driveshafts are knocked out i'll have them modified for universal motorsport joints (GKN or drexler) that can be replaced individually and without pulling the whole axle out...

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned