The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1992 6g galant automatic transmission Idle problem.

wilson24p

hi guys. i have 92 6g galant automatic which we overhauled last two weeks ago. the problem is when in park/neutral mode it idle normally at 900 rpm but when i am in drive mode and reverse the rpm goes down to 650 rpm and it goes down as i turn on the a/c.i've check all the hoses for vacuum leak and its all ok. i hope someone can help me what to check with my car. thank you and godbless.

89Mirageman

Have you tried to adjust the BISS? Also your ISC could be bad.

89Mirageman

Yes, the idle stepper motor. Sounds to me like its not working. It's supposed to adjust and let more air in once a load is put on the engine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned