The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bottomed out exhaust. am I ok?

WesternMD_VR4

Dented the bottom in pretty good. just curious if I should replace/cut or something or if it'll be fine how it is. it may just be in my head but it seems a lil more raspy at higher rpm.

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

I did exactly the same thing in Norfolk. I was good but I checked for exhaust leaks at the o2 housing because I hit that pothole so damn hard.

GSTwithPSI

Looks to me like you need a new downpipe. Not because of the dent, but because whoever fabbed it up made it hang down way too low. If it's still bolted in place in the pic, it's hanging down below the car too far, and that's also why it got crushed.

WesternMD_VR4

It does hang real low whoever did the exhaust ran it a few inches under the rear axels and its sitting way to low...

coyotes

I'd say get a new downpipe. luckily, you can get one off ebay for pretty cheap. and it'll fit better than that.

GSTwithPSI

Lol. I see, now. That's not the downpipe. That sh*t hangs wayyyy to low. Ur gonna have to fix it, or it will keep getting destroyed. Maybe there's a local exhaust shop that can help you out?

Lancer99

Yea damn its hanging too by the rear diff. Thats pretty low. Fix it asap! Is it hitting the driveshaft too?

WesternMD_VR4

no its running along the drive shaft fine but they ran it under the rear axels so much further than it needed to be. its actually so low if you roll a softball under the car it will get stuck between the exhaust and the ground.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts