The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Welcome my friends new ride #1972 and a few ?s

WesternMD_VR4

My friend is limited to phone so I am uploading and doing this for him he will be on the forum. Purchased over weekend

Needs help rerouting the dump tube and how to go about doing it. and appears some oil behind the cam gears. And back side of head.Needs a tune as well.

Last edited:

CutlassJim

Awesome pic of bolt head? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

WesternMD_VR4

sorry cutlass this is all the pics I have right now there looked like gas build up something. I can provide better pictures soon...yea its a hell of a hood. needs a little love.

Jesus_Negros

I recognize this car. Who owned it in 09?

WesternMD_VR4

hard to say she been passed around a little in good hands now. tried to find all the scoop on it by searching for 1972/2000. didnt find much but its been in the Southern PA area most its life.

Chad989of2000

If that is gas you are pointing out in the pic, you should pull your injector out and make sure the rubber o-ring is in there tightly or even consider replacing them all. Leaking injector rings is not a good thing at all.

ktmrider

Quoting manikbastrd:
That is the most awesome hood ever.

Yeah note where the dump tube from that "interesting" exhaust setup is pointing to in relation to that dark spot... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

strokin4dr

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
From the pics it looks like a timing belt failure waiting to happen!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned