The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Finally got car back from shop 398@23psi

WesternMD_VR4

For those of you that remember my car hasn't been idling right which made it almost impossible to drive and has been this way since fall (and spending alot of $$ at another shop last fall to fix this idle only to have them F it up). after getting the head bebuilt @ TPG Tuning In Blairsville Pa the car idles up no problem made good power on my setup and I couldn't be happier. Now I just have to take the destroyed head ( valves were sunk so far in and the guides were messed up stripped bolts etc etc) back to the original shop and try to get my money back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

G

Staff member
What turbo?

G

Staff member
Dam that's it for hp?

MellowVR4

Was this done On a mustang dyno?

MellowVR4

Ok, i'd say you probably have more then what that dyno read's. Not sure how much but I know its more.

Wookalar

Quoting G:
Dam that's it for hp?

Op should switch to Denso oil filters for more powa. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

GSTwithPSI

Sounds like the seats were possibly ground improperly, but I've never heard the term sunk valves. It really sucks having to pay a shop to troubleshoot and fix your car, because you are pretty much at their mercy. I'm glad you got it taken care of though. You running V3?

prove_it

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
It really sucks having to pay a shop to troubleshoot and fix your car, because you are pretty much at their mercy.

Hey now, I'm good to people.

dsm5062

It definitely makes me happy to see my old car put down some good hp, I am glad it ended up with someone who loves the car as much as I did. Can't wait to hopefully see this thing at the oc awd meet.

cheekychimp

Quoting Wookalar:
Quoting G:
Dam that's it for hp?

Op should switch to Denso oil filters for more powa. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Nope, he needs Pulstars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

rebelboost

Grats on a beautiful setup and the successful dyno. I hope she keeps treating you good and put smile on your face every day!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned