The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel pump hanger galant or eclipse?

Typhoonguy

Bought this hanger unit for my GVR4 Was told it would bolt right in as it is a brand new stock hanger unit.. Was also told it was 1 of only 2 left in the U.S

diambo4life

Doesn't look like for a GVR4. I was just working on mine yesterday. The metal clip is more in the middle on a GVR4. You can make it work...however. From my limited reading on the ORG I read somewhere the 1G DSM hanger is taller. So modifications may be necessary.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Here is a stock GVR4 unit. It definitely looks different than what you have...

Different part number too.

WP_000142.jpg

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
As far as I know, the senders that are drop in compatible with the vr4 fuel tank had the box style low fuel warning sender.

It did come in two styles of pump hook-up

{click on pic for a detailed look)

One that used a flared / bell bottom and an o-ring to seal a factory style pump, and an electrical connector that slid onto the connections at the pump

And there is also one that used a hose (perfect for modding / adding a big pump).
It hooks up electrically with eyelets and nuts at the top of the pump.

I believe the hose style is from the ggsx, anyone know for sure?

edit; found some pics with the part numbers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hose style (ggsx?)

Bell mouth style (vr4)

Last edited:

turbowop

I thought they all came with the flared/bell end? I know mine did. But like most others, I cut off the flared part and used a piece of submersible fuel hose to connect the pump. I also thought the only thing that made the DSM hanger so hard to use was the difference in overall height.

mitsuturbo

Yes. The dsm hanger is a bit taller. It will NOT fit in the tank without extensive modification.

I've had close to 10 different AWD galant pump assemblies in my hands at one time or another, and they all are the same as far as i can remember. Stock, they all have the flared piece, and the low fuel sensor is encased in plastic.

That one shown above is NOT stock... it's got a blue AN fitting sticking out the top of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Spyke169

I don't know if you want to modify a brand new part. But here is the how to for 1g dsm hanger in a gvr4.
click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned