The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Greetings! New Owner of #29!

92_talon_awd

Hi everybody, Dan Wells here, proud new owner of 1992 #29. Just got the car yesterday and had to make a pretty grueling drive to do so but I'm glad I did. I've been in the DSM game for about 10 years now and I sold my built to the gills 2g to buy this galant. I look forward to learning more about this car and from everyone on the board. I plan on doing a few mods to the car but want to keep it as stock appearing as possible. When it's finished I'd like to be getting around 300-350awhp.

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
Welcome to the club, I'm glad your familiar with the dsm community, that being said, wait for it.....JK, congrats and have fun making that beast into a monster.

92_talon_awd

Thanks

G

Staff member
Which direction did you drive to get it? n, s, w or east?

92_talon_awd

I drove 8 hours west, the pain was I left after getting off of work at 11pm and got back home the next evening at 630pm. Just got the car yesterday so this morning already got to work. The red covers on the rear center garnish were seperating at the top so I removed it. Pulled the covers off using a heat gun, cleaned all the old glue off with the heat gun and a small flathead screwdriver and resealed them using clear silicone. I'll post up a pic when I get home.

Last edited:

92_talon_awd

I got ya Jnava, not a DSM lol. Thanks, I'm extremely excited about getting this car.

G

Staff member
Looks dam clean, what state was it in? How did you find it? Looks all original.

G

Staff member
Ah ok. Now I remember.

92_talon_awd

Yep, the immaculate one. It's pretty dang clean. The trim piece that is under the lights is a little worn with that dent and some strange creases on the other side. Will one from a standard galant fit it?

92_talon_awd

Awesome, thanks. There is a 89 Galant at my local pull-a-part. Gonna go out there tomorrow and see if that trim piece is good on it. I'm gonna wax it up and take some more pictures for sure. Apparently there are two 91 VR4's running around my town that are the same color, I'm gonna try and get 'em all together for a photo shoot.

snailspool

I believe one of those SW Galants around k-ville is "the underdog".

92_talon_awd

Correct, the underdog is one of them. I got my windows tinted yesterday so here are the results. I really like the way the tint makes the 4WS sticker pop out, could barely see it before. I also found the original dealer window sticker stuck in with the maintenance records which was pretty cool!

Last edited:

the_underdog

Looks great man! Great to hear about the window sticker, I know some folks could care less, but I love 'em! Enjoy your car and I look forward to hanging out sometime.

92_talon_awd

Thanks guys, it's actually 15%. I would have liked 20% but they were all out and said it had been on backorder for a few weeks. Got my new radiator and hoses today so tomorrow morning it's time to do those. Going to the Sandblast rally in Cheraw SC this weekend so gotta get it road trip ready.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned