The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Headlight Chime / Buzzer

idreamidrive

I have killed my battery for the last time. I had to get jumped by a GC8 EJ20T. Subaru to the rescue!!!!

Do our cars come with a headlight warning system for when we leave them on and try to get out of the car with the engine off? I searched and found this thread click with conflicting info. I know the car chimes if you leave the keys in the ignition, car off, and try to get out of the car. I want this for the headlights. Would it be a smart idea to tap in to this circuit for the keys in the ignition for the headlights? Does this make sense? I don't want to go hacking up my car without a workable outcome.

This is the pdf of the electrical for our car click page 112 has the buzzer warning diagram. Any ideas? I really don't even know how to go about this.

fuel

if a USDM model is anything like a JDM model, they have this horrible annoying buzzer which goes off when you leave the lights on with the keys out of the ignition. There is a microswitch on the side of the ignition key barrel, maybe a previous owner has unplugged it to stop the buzzing noise.

Galant_martin

Sorry,I know its a very old Thread, but were is the buzzer hidden? I forget the light sometimes and mine Dont make a noise../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

AllanL

buzzer sits behind the driver side under dash folding pocket.

C-08 connector on the European models, as below:

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts