The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help with JayRacing Rear Toe Elimiinator

Vr4junkie

Having trouble figuring out on were to adjust it the white dot is were the hole used to be. I watched the video plenty of times but its being fast forward so kind of hard to really see the exact location click

Last edited:

BENE38A

before they removed the old rubber bushing they marked from centre of bolt hole down 4 inches and marked it on the trailing arm, then they had a datum to work with when reassembling them, using the old bolt hole as a reference is no good if you didn't find a measurement before disassembly.
if all rear trailing arms are the same or similiar you could find out what that measurement is (from centre of bushing bolt hole to the hole in the trailing arm
and set them up to that, as he said you will need an alignment anyway so you will be able to get it close enough, hope that helps.

Vr4junkie

Yea I didn't measure it and I threw the old bushing away.

BENE38A

i assume you would have to get pretty close to bolt the part in anyway?, may just cost a bit more spending more time on an alignment

Vr4junkie

Fug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif hopefully some one here has a old bushing layin around and can measure it for me. And I really doubt any of my auto parts stores cary trailing arms for our cars .

BENE38A

yea hold off until you get that measurement man you would have a hard time making small adjustments, wouldnt you have to unbolt the damn thing everytime to lengthen or shorten the eye at the end?

tektic

I didn't measure anything my bushings were shot and crooked. Get them about the same and put them in. Just bring it to a compedent shop to do the alignment and explain that they need to adjust them as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Vr4junkie

Alright I'll just adjust them so they bolt right up and get an alignment when ever I get this dam thing runnin which who knows when that'll ever be.

Vr4junkie

Hey how much is an alignment like this usually go for seems like a beezey to unbolt and adjust and readjust.

presterone

I am going to install this kit soon as well. So I assumed you reused your old eccentric toe adjuster bolt? That way you wouldn't have to unbolt it.

tektic

hmm... I think I used a regular grade 8 bolt as the eccentric bolts were in poor shape, and there is plenty of threading to adjust albeit a little more difficult to do so.

Honestly I don't recall, and I haven't got my alignment yet ether...

I'll keep you updated though. It's almost a problem for me I guess.

tektic

I spent $200 for a shitty alignment 4 weeks ago. The tech wouldn't touch the rear toe kit and his machine didn't measure caster. When he pulled out the tape measure I knew I was screwed. After he was done the car was clunking at the passenger side strut mount and I had to soon after swap out both upper strut mounts, throwing the front toe completely off. The rear toe is not in spec either. All in all I got F'ed in The A and coughed up $200.

The rear centric bolts are needed with the jay racing kit for ease of adjustment.

I have a question though. My rear wheels seem to be closer to the front of the wheel well than the rear on both sides. Is this normal or should I try to adjust the hemi joints out to even the gaps? I'm assuming this is going to adjust rear toe as well though... so there's no fixing it is there?

Last edited:

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting tektic:
I have a question though. My rear wheels seem to be closer to the front of the wheel well than the rear on both sides. Is this normal or should I try to adjust the hemi joints out to even the gaps? I'm assuming this is going to adjust rear toe as well though... so there's no fixing it is there?

My rear wheels appear the same and I haven't installed any reartoe eliminators. I still need to get an alignment after installing the KW's but I am waiting to possibly get wheels to readjust my height.

$200 for an alignment is steep! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Last edited:

prove_it

Quoting tektic:
I spent $200 for a shitty alignment 4 weeks ago. The tech wouldn't touch the rear toe kit and his machine didn't measure caster. When he pulled out the tape measure I knew I was screwed. After he was done the car was clunking at the passenger side strut mount and I had to soon after swap out both upper strut mounts, throwing the front toe completely off. The rear toe is not in spec either. All in all I got F'ed in The A and coughed up $200.

The rear centric bolts are needed with the jay racing kit for ease of adjustment.

Ummm. His equipment is over 20 yrs old then. Guys never go to places like this. Ask to see the machine before spending money.

vr4play

I installed mine and I screwed the heim all the way in and then back out 10 full turns. I was able to set the rear toe with no problem. If someone brings me a car like this I charge $90 an hour. Most track car alignments are between $300-$400. That includes setting the ride height and corner weights and then setting the alignment. We have to charge for hour time or we can't stay in business. I can't spend 3 hrs on a car and charge $65. I also know what I am doing so I can do it with minimal amount of time to get it right.

Here are some measurements that might help. There are two because the bushing hole is angled. Average to get centerline. The caliper doesn't look aligned with the holes due to parallax of the camera lens, but I took a lot of care to get close measurements. Hopefully it will get you back in the ballpark.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts