The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Speed Density Map Sensors

Scase90

Looking to go speed density
Everyone running a map sensor what would be best to use or which has worked better for you?

AEM map sensor or a GM map sensor?

Reasons why which one works better would be nice also. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

strokin4dr

I run an omni power 4 bar sensor in both of my cars. Both cars are on ecmlink and this is the sensor they sell and recommend at ecmtuning.

ade

Omni 4bar hasn't failed me yet

LIV4PSI

Quoting strokin4dr:
I run an omni power 4 bar sensor in both of my cars. Both cars are on ecmlink and this is the sensor they sell and recommend at ecmtuning.

Don't they sell two different sensors? I bought the ECM SD bundle from JNZ and I was barely over $100. Isn't that basically what an Omni map sensor costs?

ade

Yup 2g evo8/9 mitsu style sensor that bolts unto the manifold and the gm style that we use, both made by omnipower. And yes 100$ is about what you would pay for just the map sensor, but ecmlink includes an ait, pigtails and an alum or steel bung in a package.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

I didn't mean the two different styles. I thought there were different GM style MAP sensors? The description in the ad for the bundle doesn't say it's an Omni sensor.

I'm just asking because I was worried that it was a cheaper, inferior sensor that came with the bundle

ade

No worries when it comes to ecmlink products

snailspool

Ive run both AEM and GM, both worked fine.

However, you should match the bar rating to what you plan to run. A 5 bar Map sensor may seem like a good idea, but if you are only running 25psi, it is actually harder to tune, as the higher the bar rating is, the more resoloution you lose, from a tuning perspective.

G

Staff member
Denso map sensor ftw.

strokin4dr

Quoting turbowop:
Denso!!!111!!1!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

4thStroke

FWIW, I noticed no difference in tuning when going from an AEM 5 bar to an Omni 4 bar and I've spent a lot of time fine tuning the car as I lock the ECU in open loop and like to have my tune match my target AFRs.

I've had an Omni fail on me before. I was logging crazy vacuum and pressure values for brief moments, then it'd be fine for a while, then act up again. I wasn't able to catch it acting up while I was logging for the longest time. I would go weeks without an issue. The problem progressively got worse. Other times it would read just a little different from my boost gauge and caused more subtle drivability issues. I did a good amount of research and talked to Aaron and Lucas at English while chasing my tail, neither of them had any kind of issue with them before and I couldn't find people with issues online either. I believe my case was mostly a fluke, I just figured I'd throw this out there in case someone else has suspected MAP sensor issues and hopefully help them from ripping their hair out.

G

Staff member
Last edited:

Rrohde84

i am running a Omni 4 bar map sensor, the car will die all the time. found out when you squeeze the connector and sensor together or when you wiggle the connector it dies. sensor and connector look ok. anyone run into this?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts