The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

20G turbo work with evo3 downpipe

presterone

I may be wrong chime in, but if I buy a complete 20G will it work with my evo3 02 housing and downpipe setup?

MellowVR4

You might have to port the housing a bit to match the turbo side, other then that it will bolt up.

strokin4dr

^Most 20g's are in a dsm housing, not t3. Where are you getting T4 from? Don't confuse people.

To answer the OPs question, yes the o2 housing and downpipe with bolt right up as long as you aren't buying the one from fp, or you swap the housing of that one.

Last edited:

tektic

Sorry T4 was a mistake. Everything else is true. What your talking about use to be called a bastard 20G. Mitsubishi doesn't make a td05 20g turbo.
Heres a list of factory turbos: List

The 20G only comes from Mitsubishi on a td06 turbine with a t3 housing. So if op is asking if a mhi 20g turbo will fit his Galant, the answer is no.

TDO5/6-20G custom job. Usually done using TDO5-14B. uses a TDO6 compressor housing. Better midrange to top end. 650cfm@15PSI of boost. 6cm or 7cm exhaust housing depending on turbo builder.

TDO6-20G custom job. Usually done using TDO6 cartridge, using a TDO6 compressor housing and machining a TDO5 exhaust housing to accept the TDO6 exhaust wheel. Incredible midrange to top end. 650cfm@15PSI of boost. 8cm exhaust housing and it will need an adapter plate.

Mellowvr4 if by "porting" you mean machine a td05 turbine housing to fit a td06 turbine than yes that would work.

In order to use the 20g you have to buy or have made a bastard setup. There a few ways it can be done. Like anything else you power goals dictate the best rout.

Last edited:

presterone

I believe it is a td05 20g which is probably just a machined housing to fit a bigger compressor wheel the inducer/exducer is 52.6/68 mm and the hot side is .58 ar with td05d turbine wheel. Its from eBay haters gonna hate but whatever I'll see if it blows up and throw my mhi e316g back on.

fuel

you can also buy TD05H compressor housings machined to suit the 20G wheel, look exactly the same externally as a VR-4 Evo/Lancer Evo1-3 compressor housing. Can be purchased (along with the 20G compressor wheel) from Kinugawa Turbo on eBay. This is how I made my 7cm big16G into a TD05 20G. I did also get the exhaust wheel clipped approx 7deg to cope with the higher rpm flow of the 20G compressor. Barely noticeable lag over the existing big16G but it packs much more mid and top end punch - and this is on a near factory car with stock intercooler (JDM Evo) and exhaust. I think the only real restriction to this setup is the compressor housing still having a smaller outlet and not being of much large diameter - I have heard of guys running Toyota CT series compressor housings machined to fit due to being an optimal size.

presterone

Thanks guys should have it within a few days I'll let you know how long it takes to grenade

Rob88

If it is a tdo5/tdo6 MHI Turbine housing yes it will fit. The Evo III O2 housing has a slightly different angle then the Galant/1G/2g o2 housings so the downpipes don't always line up perfect but they usually still fit.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts