The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

how many of yall daily your gvr4

pudge76

i do , and travel 440 miles from palmdale CA to Flagstaff Az 6 to 8 times yearly , pretty reliable if you ask me but paint is done and tranny is slowly going , but my motor only has 2000 miles due to a rebuild , 18 year old mobbing in a Vr4 and god i love this car

pudge76

img.php

turbohf

i like to call my Galant my daily. but i do have another car i like to drive.

the biggest deterrent to me dailying 100% is gas mileage. well and i like to play in the civic... my drive is 25miles each way, with some heavy traffic usually. depends on how i feel i guess. i have driven the Galant the last week or so, havent even started the Civic. but didnt drive the Galant for 3weeks before that....

mitsuturbo

I'm terrified my Galant will get hit by these idiot drivers around here. Dgaf if they hit my veloster.

I used to dd my vr4. Then I got tired of paying for flatbed wrecker rides and catching rides home and back to my car for parts/spares/replacements.

BpuVR4

i only have my VR4. if I don't want to/can't drive it, I have public transportation which I usually take for work 80% of time due to expensive meters and rush hour when going downtown. It cuts down on the chances it may break in the middle of downtown streets (though I'm confident enough in my car to drive it everytime if need be), and more importantly it helps me drive it more for leisure or long drives which keeps my appreciation of it up. When one of my best friends was in town and had to drive him around into all kinds of suburbs, I logged over 1000miles in 3wks couple months ago...just wished I had ac during that time.

fuel

I've had my G for about 4 years now and for about a year I did solidly daily drive it, but now it just sits in my garage on the other side of the world gathering dust getting a drive about once or twice a year from me! It is nearly completely stock so I didn't really have a fear of it breaking down - I was more worried about where I would park it and how many new dents it would get from parking lots.

jnava

Staff member
I will be doing it more often but I keep eyeballing sh*t that keeps it down.

5OF2k

I DD'd mine for a little over a year, even when I had the T67 on. It was a great car to DD. Great in the snow, decent creature comforts, more passing power than anyone could ever need, mid-20's MPG as long as my foot stayed out of it.... overall it was great!

I miss it!

-Jake

transparentdsm

I DD mine over 120 miles a day. I have been DD'ing it like this since May when i finished building it. I get like 28 miles to the gallon and have driven it over 15k miles. I also make a decent amount of HP. I dont have a dyno number but its not stock.

unistylef

I dd. but sometimes I wish I had another car for dd. this one seems inappropriate at times. And its impossible not to feed it gas.

ApexHunter

1951 is my DD. I do worry, but if something were to happen to it, ideally i would swap everything i could over to a new shell. I haven't put a whole lot of time/$ into the shell. I'm actually kind of afraid to for this reason. I love being able to take the car to the beach, concerts up in shithole LA, haul stuff etc.

ghostinthevr4

I use to daily drive mine for 3 years straight after the rebuild even before I blew the first motor I daily drove it. Yes I had back up vehicles too, when you start modifying things you find your car down more. That's why you do it right the 1st time and figure your goal out for the car. I just finished installing a tubular v bad set-up my next battle is clutch and transmission. I'll probably daily drive it again if I can do a good hood vent set-up, under hood tempatures in these cars is a big over looked factor.

desant78

I DD my car, and yes I do call in the flat bead occasionally, but never for the same thing!

I have been DDing the car for one year (Since october 2012) and have over 14k miles. I even take the car to 5+ hour trips each way when work calls for it. Everyday, no matter how my day went, I leave work smiling on the on-ramp because of the vr4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

JCorbo25

I DD my Galant VR4 and only needed a flat bed a few times. I love AAA roadside though.

I put 30k+ on my GVR4 in 18mo, bunch of trips out of town and a few trips to LA. It's down right now for a new clutch and tranny rebuild... along with some other things. Hoping to get her back up this weekend.

MellowVR4

I daily drive my Galant GSX /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, And I drove my VR-4 today to work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

prove_it

I DD'd 1284 back in the day for about 3-4 years before storing it for about 5 yrs. After I rebuilt her, I totaled it and bent the frame. Scrapped it, bought 715 as a replacement and been DD that for 4 yrs now. Been replacing parts the whole time, not due to failures but to restore it. It will go JSB in the spring and get a full makeover. After that with fresh bodywork, she'll only see nice days. No more mud, dirt, snow and crap roads. Kinda sad, that's what made it fun.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts