The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#1968/2000 new to the forum not to dsm's

vr4bobo

just wanted to say whats up and show a couple pics of my new love this is my second gvr4 I actually had a badgeless belize green 92 last year i should have kept it but its gone (was it one of the so called 9 cars imported without a badge or did it have a swapped dash i don't know but it was def a vr4 had the aws also sold last year my 1g eclipse gsx 2.3 stroker fully built gone but not forgotten on with the pics of my next monster have trouble with my gvr4 pics too large ill post them soon

GVR47111K

Hello and welcome!

That badgeless BG sounds familiar. Did it have a 20G? I remember looking at one that was green and not badged in Aurora before I picked up #711. It was back on craigslist after a short time with some sort of smoking problem, can't recall.

Anywhichway, welcome again.

vr4bobo

yes I bought it in aurora and it had a 20g on it ems and dyno sheets from racing trenz at 260hp @ 12lbs of boost i brought it home and within a week the rings blew at the same time my 04 wrx threwthanks for the welcome a timing pully and well interfeared i sold the vr4 to buy my ver 7 sti swap for that car also gone now

biglady112

This car just keeps changing hands. And you have it for sale as well. It needs an owner who has a clue. It is ragged out now.

vr4bobo

The car we are talking about I sold a year ago
Yes I have my gvr4 on craigs right now but i don"t want to sell it. It's mostly to please my wife who doesn't approve of my obsession I've had many offers on my car and yet I still have it.
so far my experience with dsm'S has been aggravating to say the least I've been a subaru man for forever but am drawn to the dsm"s
and so far my experience with this forum has been less than hospitable and more on the hostile side!
So no the car doesn't just keep changing hands I intend on keeping it. should be obvious! I"m on here asking questions and trying to converse with like minded people

LIV4PSI

Welcome. I'm a Subaru guy as well. I daily an 04 JBP STi, that makes close to 400hp

You are getting crap because you type like a toddler. No one wants to read posts like that. Also, VR4s aren't DSMs. Chrysler had nothing to do with them, and they are imported from Japan not made in Illinois.

vr4bobo

I'm having trouble adjusting to my new laptop thank you for the welcome I assure you all I'm not Illiterate was unaware the gvr4 is not a dsm. Here are some pics as of today

o last is a pic of my 6cyl impreza project
Code:
Code:

LIV4PSI

I would like to drive a 6cyl GC some time, just to see what it feels like. I've been thinking about using my STi as a donor car for a RSTI build. I love GC coupes, especially ones with full STi running gear

vr4bobo

I hope to be driving it soon. I'm still having trouble with the fuel injection side of the swap, but it starts on starting fluid.
It's an svx 3.3l 230hp rs standard trans and rear diff 4.11 (was 3.90) this one is a gf8 wagon

raptorWagon

Quoting vr4bobo:
The car we are talking about I sold a year ago
Yes I have my gvr4 on craigs right now but i don"t want to sell it. It's mostly to please my wife who doesn't approve of my obsession I've had many offers on my car and yet I still have it.
so far my experience with dsm'S has been aggravating to say the least I've been a subaru man for forever but am drawn to the dsm"s
and so far my experience with this forum has been less than hospitable and more on the hostile side!
So no the car doesn't just keep changing hands I intend on keeping it. should be obvious! I"m on here asking questions and trying to converse with like minded people

Well Mr Subawho man, welcome to the world of Galants, not DSMs.

vr4bobo

thanks for the welcome.

just to clear things up I'm not just into subaru's.
I'm just most familiar with them. I love anything fast!
Some of the cars I've owned
90 5.0 mustang
89 supra turbo
91 rx7 s5 turbo II
95 talon tsi
88 celica alltrac
87/88 n/a rx7's
89 mr2
92 legacy turbo
91 eclipse gsx
92 gvr4
04 sti swapped wrx
90 galant gsx
plus many more you get the idea
That being said my current gvr4 handles better than any other car I.ve owned

gmp

I spy a crew cabbed grand in the back ground does that happen to have a sbc in it?

vr4bobo

as much as i like fast, I also like crawling slow!
The grand has the stock 5.2L with intake and exhaust
6.5" long arm lift 35" tires custom home sawzall chop job

gmp

Oh cool thought i might have seen ya at slaughter house in the past..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts