The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Problem after replacing pads

WesternMD_VR4

Could be a simple question or what but I just had the brake pads replaced on all 4s when I got it it felt a lil sluggish something wasn't right and now the steering wheel is so bad aligned I have to hold onto it to keep me from going off road, I made a U-turn and I heard a click and my alignmentagocallu fixed itself only it was ever so slightly to the left this time.. All this from replacing brake pads? What's going on

G

Staff member
You probably got the caliper guide pins mixed up. Top and bottom, causing the front brakes to squeeze incorrectly and not let go.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Possible sticking caliper piston from being pushed back in, or some kind of interference possibly?

WesternMD_VR4

ok so apparently the springs are so loose in the struts (he said he has never seen them this loose>??) so when he lifted it up and lowered it they werent in there properly and they were sliding around when i turned around and thats why i heard all that clicking noise...he had to hold the springs as someone lowered the car,the car is running the bilstein struts off a evo 8 and tein s tech springs...anyone heard of this?

theevozero

I have a set of those springs mounted on agx struts. The fronts are never loose, even with the suspension completely unloaded. The rears however are loose in the seat.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts