The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new to forum new VR4 owner 328/1000

WesternMD_VR4

i purchased a 1991 VR4 galant off a guy on this forum (drove 4 hours for it totally worth it for the drive back alone ) i have a 92 badge on the dash tho but i just wanted to introduce myself..im sure ill be asking lots of questions and seems alot of people know there stuff on here...

cheers

jnava

Staff member
Welcome.... Please, post your pics up since I don't even know which car you purchased. It is great you were able to drive your car home without a tow truck. I would assume you've been looking for a while and finally found the one you wanted. Congrats, enjoy driving it while you can.

Last edited:

460GVR4

Welcome! Now go apply for a loan!!

jnava

Staff member
What massive beast is that thing running? Holset? Well, it looks like its fun to drive. Any bottom end goodies or is it a stock bottom end?

MellowVR4

Those are 16" rims on it?

WesternMD_VR4

block bored .20 over, wiseco pistons 9:1 compression, eagle h beam rods, all arp fasteners( rod bolts, head studs, main studs), custom t3 manifold with 38mm external wastegate, rebuilt holset hx35, 750 cc fuel injector clinic injectors, aeromotive fpr, custom 3 inch downpipe,full threeinch exhaust with vibrant flat black series muffler, braided oil feed line with correct size restrictor, avid racing billetmotor mounts, hahn racecraft 600hp rated fmic, welded 2.5 inch intercooler piping, tialq 50mm bov, dual flex-a-litecooling fans,ngk bpr8es plugs, ngk wires, rewired walbro fuel pump.

272 cams are going in it tomorrow then a good tune they are 17"

jnava

Staff member
Now that, is a good list of goodies. What's your goal with this car? Just dailying it or doing some autocross or 1/4 runs.

tyeler18

You sure that's actually a 91? 92 tails, 92 grille, 92 dash plaque. Either someone really liked a 92 or you have a swapped vin.

unistylef

Quote:

You sure that's actually a 91? 92 tails, 92 grille, 92 dash plaque. Either someone really liked a 92 or you have a swapped vin.

those arent 92 tails. It doesnt say vr4 on the bottom white area.

WesternMD_VR4

the VIN# comes to a 1991 VR-4 Im sure my insurance company and carfax wouldnt both put 91 by mistake, my friend has a rolling chassis 92 it has a diff grill (black plastic slits going horizontal)and his trunk had the galant decal so far to the edge there was no VR-4 badge bc it wouldnt fit...but these were the only diff i saw

LIV4PSI

Quoting tyeler18:

It's also not a 92 grill, it's a 91.

WesternMD_VR4

UPDATE guys the BC 272s were put in yesterday it has a rough idle i knew it was running rich, it needs tuned but im waiting to break cams in before i do... its odd b/c if im down shifting from 4th to 3rd the RPMs dont even go down when clutch is in

ade

nice ride, i like those rims alot. do you have any info on them?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts