The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

G0TB00ST got no boost.

G0TB00ST

So I took #174 to a Evo cruise today. all was well. I got to take some turns... cruise on the highway... I even stopped to get some ribs. Then on the way home... I noticed that the car was running a bit slower that usual. It was always slow... but this was really bad. I look at the factory gauge... and I am not building any boost. I am basically only getting 0 psi. So I got home... jumped on here and read that it could be a couple things... but it is usually a bad turbo. Sooooo I guess it is time to upgrade. I hate driving a stock car... but I just dont want this to turn into an all out build like my Evo and Lexus.

FML!

End rant!

LIV4PSI

So you almost sold it because something was wrong, just to find out it was something small. Now it's a blown turbo?

G0TB00ST

i almost sold it... because i wanted to pick up a 2007 tl type s i got in at work... and i couldnt justify having 4 cars. i have been driving it as my daily since i got it and i always did enjoy it. It has 162k on the clock... so I was fully aware that it was eventually going to need work. But yes... I do need to upgrade... so I just hope I dont go overboard

G0TB00ST

and no i did not want to sell it because something was wrong. i decided to sell it and then i started hearing a noise. it wound up being a bracket coming loose. But i tightened it and it was fine.

LIV4PSI

My point was I bet it's something small like a boost leak and not a blown turbo. Pull your intake off and check it out

LIV4PSI

My apologies, i was kinda being a smart ass. There have been like 5 full part outs in the classifieds lately of running cars, it kinda has my panties in a bunch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

If you can find a good used EVO 16g, that's the way to go. I wouldn't pay close to $1k for one though

Last edited:

Vr4junkie

I had a similar problem when I first got mine the waste gate actuator arm wasnt connected and was stuck open still drivable but it wasnt building any boost might be somthing simple.

G0TB00ST

it probably is something stupid like the wastegate arm. I really am looking for an excuse to modify this damn stock car.

if i had to buy a mhi 16g new and spend that kind of money... id be calling my buddy for a new precision turbo and go t3. and i am soooo iffy on buying a used turbo. The 16g can get so pricey

G0TB00ST

Well it was the wastegate flapper. It came off... so I got it back on. Made it through one gear before it came off again. Now I have to wait till the morning when it cools down to go at it again. Is there something that is supposed to to keep it in place?

Captn

The actuator arm? It's held on by a cotter pin. Or are you talking about the flapper in the turbine housing?

G0TB00ST

like an idiot... i forgot that there was a cotter pin that is supposed to sure the arm.

i used a key ring... since i couldnt find anything to fit the small hole

thank you for the help everyone!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned