The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

sick exhaust

unistylef

Care to share a vid so I could hear it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Chi271

Nice rust

EMX5636

I did something similar to that on my 1G out the drivers side. It sounded awesome, but driving in the left lane on the freeway was a bit rough if there was a concrete barrier. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

turbowop

My problem with side exit exhaust setups like this on our cars, is that it looks weird from behind now since the bumper has a spot clearanced for an exhaust. Makes it look like something is missing, and really doesn't add any power.

Barnes

Did you add any kinda of heat shielding? I'm afraid this will start melting your trim quickly.

Wizardawd

We used to do this for the FWD DSMs a long time ago because of how much cheaper it was to dump it out the side than a full exhaust. FWD DSMs if you remember have a solid rear axle so you have to go up and over the axle. We did learn one thing though, you want to tips to face rearwards a little. This helps with the scavenging effect AND when the exhaust was going straight out, you get get some hellacious whistling and noises from the tips. Think blowing over the top of a beer bottle.

Wiz

My car is not tuned I don't drive it much or for long periods once I get a good tune and hit good boost ill probably make a stainless guard. It dose sound good . I may be going with a 6262 off my friends bmw thats blown im going to rebuild it im getting it for cheap so my exhaust will most likely Change ill try and pist a vid asap. Thanks for all the feedback this is my first dsm

Wizardawd

DSM or not, physics still apply. That was my point.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned