The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

need a little help automatic shifter cable

I was just wondering if anyone has a picture on how the factory auto cable attaches to shift lever on the automatic transmission. for the life of me it just isn't making sense or if I'm just missing a piece?

Because looking at it the cable end is round and the end of the shift lever bracket is a rectangle open area without a stud vs. the manual linkages hooks to levers on the manual transmission. so I'm thinking I am missing something.

I've searched for a few hours and no luck so if anyone has an auto setup with a pic or an auto dsm I would greatly appreciate it, I can take a picture if I was too confusing tomorrow if it helps.

awesome just getting the final pieces laid out in order before I throw it all together.

Nate

I'm in the middle of this same conversion; would you mind telling me which engine mount brackets are used? I've grabbed a pile of them from various auto talons and galants, but now I can't remember which mounts were for which car.

transparentdsm

here are the pictures.

the rear and driver side motor mounts are the same for T/E/L and GVR4 the front is specific to the GVR4, stamp 344 i think, and then you use the mount that attaches to the auto trans

Just a bolt and nut awesome I was worried it was going to be some little piece I was missing. Thanks helps out a lot.

Via the a/t swap parts post I can't remember who posted it u can use gvr4 front and driver sides mounts and brackets need the a/t mounts brackets and rear a/t engine bracket. Can use your regular mount though. And I hope that's right cause that's what I'm doing for mounting.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts