The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new to the galant world! #1007

I got the car about a year ago and ran great far as I know I have never owned a dsm before I'm a Honda fella.. and I'm trying to broaden my horizons lol and I got a few questions and I'm happy just found the forum

EHmotorsports

welcome!! and just a warning you will get flak for saying a 6g galant is a dsm.

transparentdsm

welcome, punctuation is also something everyone will give you guff about. post pictures, ask questions and enjoy. everyone here is very knowledgeable and for the most part were all mechanics.

jnava

Staff member
FYI-Diamond-Star Motors (commonly abbreviated to DSM) was an automobile-manufacturing joint venture between the Chrysler Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC).[1] The name came from the parent companies' respective logos: three diamonds (Mitsubishi) and a pentastar (Chrysler).

T/E/L are dsm. Galant Vr4 are MMC, that's is why some folks badge their car with MMC since it was built in Japan. Nothing wrong with being a dsm, its just not the correct term for our gvr4.

Edit: Wiki on the first few sentences.

Last edited:

Thank you guys for the information I'm not much of a writer so punctuation is not a strong point. Im just going to have fun searching around and looking at galant stuff cuz I'm the only one in my town that has one and know one really knows what a galant it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts