The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New to Mitsu, Howdy from WV

I tried a few other Galant forums but they've come up dry, this one seems pretty nice though! So I just recently bought an 02 Galant LS. First Mitsubishi I've ever owned, 122 k miles, had a weird knock in the engine, was basically told is was a misfiring cylinder. Still a steal for 1300 cash. Drove it 50+ miles home no problem, I did notice a decent amount of shaking when below 500-600 rpms and when not moving specially. It however has lessened since I used fuel treatment and changed over all of the fluids and what not all of the spark plugs check out fine odd enough, hoping its not an ignition wire or distributor? Enough of the blabbering,

So far I've removed the back mud flap things and sanded and ate what rust was there, body filled it witha little custom milling and primed the whole thing. Also shaved the trunk and plexi dipped the logos/ grille.

Let me know what you guys think, looking forward to being apart of this community!

Didn't realize this forum was just for a different version of the car, whoops -.-

transparentdsm

this is def. the wrong forum for this car, but check the fuel filter and also see if any of your motor mounts are blown out.

kooter

I have been lurking in the shadow's around here for about 2 years just learning and reading whatever I can. I think I can honestly say. Most of the people on here are nice, helpfull, and very knowledgeable. They don't care what kind of car you have. Which really make this site amazing. Here they will tell you this site is mainly for the galant vr4 yada yada then go right into helping you with whatever you are trying to do.
I love this site and come on throughout the day several times.

Good luck with the car I second the fuel filter idea.

DR1665

Now worries on joining the "wrong" forum. Your generation Galant was also offered in VR4 trim, albeit outside North America. We're all one big happy Mitsubishi family here. Some family members are bit, well, you know, but it's all good. If you can't find the answer you need elsewhere, can't hurt to ask here. We're all gearheads.

FYI: You might want to check out Galant Tuners. There is a LOT of good tech over there for your platform and, considering how you've clearly jumped right into things, I think you'll really fit in.

Cheers.

raptorWagon

I already directed him to Galanttuners.com shortly after his initial post, I don't think you'll be seeing him on here anymore lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

thegalantcenter is like the dsmtuners of Galants lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned