The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

brand new gvr4 owner

I picked up a 1991 gvr4 yesterday out of impulse and I love it. However, I have ver limited mechanical knowledge aside from regular maintenance. Car has a small exhaust leak and I am going to get some gaskets today and switch them out. After that I would like to relocate the battery and get a hard intake pipe. Car currently has the stock pipe and 2g maf. I have never relocated a battery and I am just curious if this is something I can do myself with help online or if I should look for help? Thanks

jnava

Staff member
If your mechanically inclined, this car will definitely teach you. We have plenty of resources to learn how to do almost everything to this car. Good luck and post pics or it didn't happen.

I will, I am looking for the least evasive way to move the battery to make room for an intake pipe. Can anybody share what they did and where they put the battery? Or is the trunk the best bet? thanks again

Diego

The way mine is routed to the trunk goes like this.

-Remove battery- Battery tray and tie downs.
-Get a ample amount of wire, were talking like AT LEAST 8 feet just for shits and giggles, it can be cut down to the proper size when you figure out where you're putting the battery box.
-Take the power wire from the front battery source, and your new wire will take it's place and run that through the PS fender, there will be spot inside the PS fender/PS door sill that you can then route the wire through. (Mine comes down right next to the ECM on the PS floor)
- Run that all the way to the back, tucking it where ever your heart wants to hide it
- From inside, you will end up in the trunk, mine comes out basically between the cargo hole to the trunk
-Run that under the trunk carpet, or along the body under the carpet
-Put a battery cable end on the end of that Power wire
-Find a suitable place for a ground strap to be bolted in and secured
-Place battery cable end on the Ground wire
-Place battery in box, and connect.

Fin

Well what I did with a friend and myself is i bought about 15 feet of large gauge wire attached it to power stud. attach ground to the body in the engine bay.
route the power wire thru the brake pedal garment thru the carpet all the way to the back seats. remove the back seat and route it thru on the side to the trunk a vala attach the batter power and attach the ground to the battery to body (i used the trunk bracket) also i use a optima battery. if you want more info Pm me. its pretty invasive and frees up alot of room

Diego

Kelbz, 15ft is A LOT of wire, but hey, then you can just make new ground straps in the engine bay.

and thats what i did, cant be to safe now can we haha, bad grounds will cause a hell fire of problems

thank you both for the tips. I will be doing this in the next few weeks and will post pics and let you know which route I took. Thanks again and wish me luck!

GSX_TC

Welcome to the org, post some pics of your GVR4.

EHmotorsports

Welcome!!! Here is what I did.

3E76BD6B-FF57-4DCD-AE42-E0CD69E1FA58-7685-00000946EDF68DA4.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned