The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone running this?

click

It is marketed for a 1g so I figured that I would ask here first in case there is anything that I am missing e.g. bigger length between regulator and firewall etc.

I like the plug and play nature of the setup.

Thanks

Well i have it just waiting to install it.its a nice setup, ran a similar setup but the maperformance version of the kit with pushlock lines on my old 2g.

No theres plenty of line it's pretty plug and play just read the instructions

snohacking

ran that set up on my 2g and then my vr4. Works good just have to fit a spot on the firewall to mount it. You will also have to look up putting ss an lines fittings on. They give you an section of line, you measure it,cut it then put the fitting on. Its not hard once you know how to do it. overall its a nice kit.

snohacking

Nvm about the fittings. I guess lines are now pre-installed into AN fittings. They made it even easier for you now.

5OF2k

I have one of their firewall mount line kits on my car, but I run the Aeromotive FPR instead of the fuel lab unit. THe lines are good though, they last a long time and seal well. Just be sure to tephlon tape the threads on the fittings, of course.

-Jake

toybreaker

iconoclast
Do NOT put teflon tape on AN fittings.

... especially on fittings used in the fuel system

EHmotorsports

Never use Teflon tape on the AN side of the fitting.

MellowVR4

got one on my vr4, works great

raptorWagon

Quoting 5OF2k:
I have one of their firewall mount line kits on my car, but I run the Aeromotive FPR instead of the fuel lab unit. THe lines are good though, they last a long time and seal well. Just be sure to tephlon tape the threads on the fittings, of course.

-Jake

Teflon tape is for Pipe fittings not flared/Compression Fittings such as AN.

theevozero

I have this exact kit on my vr4. Install is easy.

prove_it

I was going to say there are cheaper kits, but the preassembled lines are nice. No pricked fingers and swearing to get it done. Although that is the fun part.

5OF2k

That's all news to me lol

I've been doing it forever, guess its time to stop!

What's the harm in sealing the threads like that?

theevozero

*edit* ^nevermind^

I didn't realize they were all preinstalled. That blows. I made mine fit. I see the dilema.

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting 5OF2k:

The threads aren't doing the sealing, the flare inside the fitting is. So using teflon tape is unnecessary.

citymunky

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting 5OF2k:

The threads aren't doing the sealing, the flare inside the fitting is. So using teflon tape is unnecessary.

AN fittings were designed for Naval Aircraft back in WWII. They are still being used on aircraft today with operating pressures at high as 3000 PSI and we don't use teflon tape. Like Wop said the flared mating surfaces make the seal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts