The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Braided fuel line front to back

Some of you have suggested running braided fuel line from front to rear to support more fuel flow for the future.

Here are 3 questions:

1) Where would the bigger fuel line begin and terminate?

2) What size would that fuel line be?

3) Do I have to replace the return line as well?

Thanks

xaisomboun

1) If you would like to take the extra steps, the whole fuel feed line begins right at the fuel pump and ends into the fuel rail. Heres a pic of the final product for -6an lines. click

2) I chose the -6an line which is slightly larger than stock. I've heard our stock fuel lines are pretty good for some decent horsepower numbers.

3) I've been running a few weeks with the stock return line and haven't seen any major issue yet. But other people should chime in!

Thanks for this!

Where did you get the lines from? Do I need any special tools e.g. have to fabricate anything?

I ask because I might be swapping my Wally 190 out for a 250 due to a misfire that I can't find.

xaisomboun

Heres the kit I ordered from STM. It comes with everything you need minus the whole fuel pump assembly thing I did. click

I highly recommend doing what I did to the fuel pump assembly if your lines were all old and rusty like mine were. (woo hoo Minnesota /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif)

The only special tool you would probably need is something to cut the braided lines with to make it a clean cut. Look up a bunch of videos on how to assemble braided lines and they'll show many different ways.

Other than that all the tools were pretty basic.

Scase90

The kit from stm is great I installed it on mine from tank to rail and everything fits perfect

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned