The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cover Spoiler Holes

Hello, i need help in covering spoiler holes. I tried searching but can't seem to find any. Any advice? Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

James

Rubber plugs? Wine cork? Electrical tape? Piece of wood and some self tapping screws? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

EMX5636

I'm not quite sure what's available in your neck of the woods, but I found plastic hole covers made for furniture or projects at my local hardware store. Fit the holes, and even had white. They look like these .

I was thinking of welding it shut and some body work, i was also thinking of this
IMG00094-20110429-1841.jpg

or get a rubber or silicone washer with this
31NjfWorShL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chi271

I'm gonna have to try those plastic hole covers, for now untill I weld them shut. I love the wingless look! But do you get any water that comes thru the plug? Or did you seal it before you popped them in. Thanks...

BTW, the bolts on the trunk spoiler hole is called the NRG fender washer.

transparentdsm

click

buy that and youll have grommets for a long time and if you ever need to run wire through the firewall you can use these as well.for 5 bucks you cant go wrong.

transparentdsm

Quoting Chi271:
I'm gonna have to try those plastic hole covers, for now untill I weld them shut. I love the wingless look! But do you get any water that comes thru the plug? Or did you seal it before you popped them in. Thanks...

138 has the plugs i posted the link to in the trunk wing holes and in the antenna hole and it doesn't leak at all.

mikus

I think anything short of filling & painting looks half ass. Welding is best but not easy for most - there's other ways you can close it up. From there a lil' filler, & even brush on touchup looks way better.

transparentdsm

thats very true and i agree, it does look like crap, but the fact that the 3rd brake light is on the wing and with inspection you wont pass without that light. some people, me, have to put the wing back on once a year to pass then can remove it again.

now that being said the correct way to do it is find a normal galant with no wing, take the 3rd brake light and the trunk install the light and have the trunk painted to match your car.
i actually just bought the light from ducttapeguy and he is getting me a price on the trunk shipped.

EMX5636

Mine didn't leak. I put a dab of clear silicone adhesive around the top before installing.

Scase90

I took my spoiler off a couple days ago and i used black plastic push-ins. If you get the right size they fit solid and wont leak but put a little silicone under the tops for a better seal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned