The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is this a good deal?

I found this ad on craigslist and it turns out to be very closeby and cheap. Can anybody tell me if this sounds like a good deal based on the information given. I have already emailed the seller and he has answered a few questions about the state of the car. He told me: Rust is minimal, clean title, resurfaced clutch, never inspected, and all that it should need to pass inspection is a cat.

rdomeck

Doesn't seem to bad of price to me. I would check on the rust. That would be the thing that would make this not a good deal. This is what I paid for mine and I had to push it onto the trailer!

transparentdsm

also the FMIC550cc injectors and the stock side mount intercooler throw me off a bit. these cars come stock with front mounts first off and FMIC isn't a company.

Maybe he meant *FIC injectors? That is all I can think of. Maybe the person doesn't know alot about cars (which isn't always a bad thing IMHO).

Last edited by a moderator:

LIV4PSI

Quoting brandxnewx13:
How much does a legal catback cost for a VR-4 anyway?

Just have an exhaust shop add a catalytic converter.

I bet he meant FIC injectors, and is calling the stock intercooler a sidemount. I agree on finding out how bad the rust is, and make sure it's not an eBay turbo, besides the price sounds fair. I would just go back to stock injectorsand wait until a tune is worth it. 550cc aren't much of an upgrade IMO

mcbride89

I was going to buy this car originally. But then found 125 in NY and have had nothing but problems but I love her still. It's been for sale for a few months. I think I still might have some more pictures of it too... Correction, just looked and I deleted them because I felt I was cheating on 125

gvr4ever

The car will need a tune and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator. It will also need a 2G/3G/EVO air meter to take advantage of the injectors and a FMIC to run extra boost. Well, you can run higher boost on the stock IC, but it will heat soak very quickly.

Might just be easier to throw in cleaned stock injectors and lower fuel pump till you get all the parts in order.

mikus

Agreed if it's not rusty it's an OK starting point, nothing more. Bolt ons aren't worth much and seller sounds like DSM

LIV4PSI

Quoting gvr4ever:
The car will need a tune and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

It only over runs the stock fpr at idle. While getting an adjustable one is a good idea, its not the end of the world. I have a 255lph pump with afpr in my car, no drive-ability problems and the effect on gas mileage is minimal.

gvr4ever

I had a Walbro 255 on my car with the stock FPR. I installed a gauge first just to see what it was running at. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I recall it didn't run 1:1 till about 3psi. I also had a rewired fuel pump setup on the original pump, so it is possible I was running even more fuel.

This car is running too much fuel and larger injectors with no tune. I'd imagine it kinda runs like crap. Not that it can't be fixed, but I bet fuel economy is gonna be low and it will probably be sluggish till it hits boost.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned